Unmanned kit and batch-one press brake production
- July 7, 2019
Salvagnini has introduced the 2019 Roboformer, which combines technologies to form a single, cohesive bending unit that automatically synchronizes all movements of press brake, robot arm and automatic handling devices directly from solid models.
Like earlier generations:
- all activities of RoboFormer are managed with a single program
- programming is completed in less than one-third the time of competitive brands, off-line and without interrupting active production
- it is unnecessary to “teach” robots
- RoboFormer accommodates remote monitoring via computer, smart phone, or other digital device
- one shop floor supervisor can oversee the operation of up to five units.
The core of a Roboformer bending cell is the Salvagnini B3-ATA press brake that automatically adjusts the length of its upper universal bending tools, lower V-dies and back gauges in-cycle, to achieve setups in near-zero time. MAC 2.0 adaptive technology provides bending repeatability, precision and scrap reduction, while the B3’s Angle Measurement System monitors and corrects bend angles on the fly. The result is an unmanned bending system that yields precise parts in the shortest possible time in kit, batch or one-off production.
This third generation Roboformer is designed for companies that work with small, often varied batches and are seeking ways to improve their quality, competitiveness and time-to-market. Roboformer is an ideal solution for companies just beginning to automate their shops, as well as those with long histories of high efficiency and lean manufacturing practices.