Two spindle lathe with high speed loader
- March 2, 2019
Okuma America Corporation has announced its 2SP-2500H lathe.
The lathe combines two spindles on one machine for increased throughput of mass produced parts.
A high-speed overhead gantry loader that standard with this machine tool enables long, unattended production runs. The machine’s unique design allows for easier access to tools by a modification to the turret orientation. Workpiece transport and changeover times are reduced resulting in cycle time reductions of up to 17 per cent. This feature is available in a variety of configurations based on part size and weight.
- Integral motor/spindle drive enables faster acceleration and deceleration
- An improved turret and high speed loader reduce cycle times. Workpiece loading and unloading is achieved in four seconds – the fastest in its class
- Thermo-Friendly Concept is standard and minimizes ambient temperature fluctuations when machining
- Split bed construction inhibits the transmission of vibration during cutting
- Headstock and turret centres are positioned over sturdy slide guides for rigidity and strength
- Okuma OSP or Fanuc control available
- Compact footprint
Optional features include washing stations, post process gauging and infeed/outfeed tables for unprocessed and finished workpieces