Turnkey automated inspection system
- April 18, 2018
Creaform has launched an off-the-shelf integrated automated inspection system, the CUBE-R, that provides an alternative to CMMs in sheet metal, casting and composites.
The new optical 3D measuring machine capitalizes on the MetraSCAN 3D-R metrology scanner and combines the efficiency and reliability of robotization in an automated industrial measuring cell.
The CUBE-R extends the 3D digitizing and inspection capabilities of the MetraSCAN 3D for the dimensional measurement of parts ranging from 1 m to 3 m with metrology-grade volumetric accuracy in real-life shop-floor conditions. Unlike conventional systems, the CUBE-R delivers both speed and volumetric accuracy. In addition, it ensures a significant increase in productivity. The CUBE-R offers a realistic and comprehensive alternative to coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and other robot-mounted, structured-light 3D scanners.
Key features and benefits:
- High productivity: Performs effective inspections on several hundred parts a day (even on dark or reflective parts with complex geometry)
- Multitasking: Maximizes production cycle and throughput by offering a simultaneous operation of data acquisition and analysis in a continuous and uninterrupted measurement flow
- Automatic field calibration procedure: No accuracy drift over time and continuous operation
- Minimum operator training: Easy-to-use and short learning curve to keep up with fast production pace
- Complete turnkey solution: No integration required, fully enclosed and shop-floor ready
- Smaller factory footprint: A complete 4.1 m x 4.1 m x 3.1 m turnkey solution with a flexible shop-floor configuration