Tool holder for digitization
- December 14, 2021
Schunk has introduced the iTendo2 tool holder.
Schunk says the iTendo2 offers users an easy entry path to digitization of processes.
The iTendo2 combines the features of Schunk’s Tendo hydraulic expansion technology with the possibilities of digital process monitoring in one toolholder. “If one looks into the process starting from the place of metal cutting, the iTendo² intelligent toolholder is the first non-wear part, ‘closest-to-the-part,’ and therefore it is ideal for signal acquisition,” Schunk says.
Offering real-time capable data communication, the tool holder offers an applicable form of process optimization with a toolholder. The company also says the new tool holder minimizes scrap rates, reduces production times and will boost quality and profitability, even with small batch sizes.
- Real-time capable data communication and process analysis
- No change of external contour, no restrictions on the use of coolants. Can replace standard toolholders 1:1.
- Process transparency through intuitive user interface and process-specific apps.
- Speeds of rotation up to 30,000 rpm make a wide range of applications possible
- Applications include countersinking, drill wear detection, automated brush adjustment