Tapping tool now available in D station size
- April 18, 2018
The QuickTap tapping tool from Wilson Tool International is now available for the D station as well as the previously available C station size.
Manufactured by Wilson Tool International for thick turret punch press machines, the QuickTap affords fabricators the ability to eliminate time-consuming secondary operations related to creating threaded holes by running the tool right in the punch press.
• Taps a threaded hole with every machine stroke – up to 200 holes per minute (dependent on material type, thickness and tap size)
• Produces accurate threads at any programmed location on the sheet
• Creates stronger threads, as formed threads have a higher tensile strength than cut threads.
• Reduces or eliminates shavings from machined tapping
• Built-in tapping fluid injection system is synchronized with the machine stroke to reduce wear and breakage
• Tapping injection system’s large tank enables the tapping of up to 40,000 holes before refilling
• Taps are easily changed – no disassembly is required
• Taps are available in both imperial and metric sizes
• Tool lubrication is made simple using external grease and oil ports
• Accepts multiple sized taps
• Currently available for thick turret punch presses, C and D station sizes