Slim design chucks for five axis milling
- November 5, 2019
Emuge Corp. has expanded its line of FPC Milling/ Drilling Chucks products to include Slim Line models designed for five axis machining.
Available in the 2-14 mm (1/8-9/16 in.) size range (FPC14), the compact, slim design with tapered shape eases access to the work, especially in confined areas and for challenging angles.
“As workpiece complexity grows and 5-Axis machining prevalence increases, innovative solutions in tool holding such as our new FPC Slim Line Chucks, help maximize machining productivity while reducing cycle times, downtime and allowing for improved holder clearance conditions,” said Dan Doiron, manager, milling products.
Emuge says that its FPC Mill/ Drill Chucks provide exceptional rigidity, vibration dampening, concentricity, machining speed, and tool life versus conventional chuck technologies for milling and drilling applications.
Featuring the world's only chuck with a 1:16 worm gear, the Emuge FPC Chuck's patented design delivers three tons of traction force.
Features and advantages include:
- high transferable torque for process reliability. Transferred torque on a tool shank diameter of 20 mm (25/32 in.) is 400 Nm;
- increased accuracy with a 3 X D tool length. Concentricity is ≤ 3 µm to guarantee long tool life and quality workpiece surface finishes;
- chuck is mechanical drive-actuated with a hex wrench; design enables quick tool changes;
- holder design reduces vibration, improves workpiece surface finishes and enhances long tool life;
- for safety, strong clamping force prevents possibility of pull-out.
Emuge says that In a speed comparison with four chuck technologies, using a 20 mm (25/32 in.) end mill in the same material, the Emuge FPC Chuck enabled the feed rate to be increased by 30 per cent with no loss in performance.
Emuge FPC Chucks are available in five shank styles (CAT, HSK-A, SK, BT and PSC) in 68 different SKUs for a wide range of applications. A full range of high precision collets and accessories are also available for the FPC line. Emuge FPC Collets are available in three size ranges (FPC 14, FPC 20 and FPC 25) in over 110 different SKUs, from 3.17-31.75mm (1/8-1-1/4 in.) and in metric from 2-32 mm (5/64-1 17/64 in.).