SE grooving and part-off system
- July 2, 2018
ARNO Werkzeuge has announced their SE grooving and part-off system.
The SE system is designed to optimize turning, grooving, parting-off and copy turning operations.
The “double V” insert seat design guarantees an accurate and secure location. In combination with a fixed stop it ensures precise insert repeatability.
The SE groove and groove turning cutting tool system is available in a wide variety of tooling configurations and sizes. They include inserts with groove widths from “.079” to .236” (2 to 6 mm) with three geometries and available in five different grades.
The geometries and grades available include:
• M2 sintered geometry is especially design for grooving, turning and copy turning in Steel and Stainless-Steel materials.
• T1 sintered geometry is for machining Steels and Stainless-Steel materials and universal geometry. Also suitable for thin wall machining.
• ALU high precision ground geometry is available for non-ferrous materials (Aluminums – Plastics).
Shank sizes range from 5/8” ¾” and 1” (12, 16, 20 and 25 mm) and depth capacity of either .472” or .827” (12 or 21 mm).
The SE features a monoblock holder design for increased performance, reliability and user-friendly operation.
The SE system offers features and benefits which include:
• active insert clamping with fixed stop for accurate insert positioning
• directly pressed inserts with dedicated geometries for cost-efficient and optimum solution for reliable groove production
• the ground version is an ideal choice for non-ferrous materials with sharp edge inserts and polished tops for better chip flow. Excellent for machining aluminums and plastics.
• geometries for cutting steel and stainless steel
• strong cutting edge for maximum feed rates and cutting depths.