Punch/fiber laser with multi-purpose turret
- December 27, 2016
Amada's latest generation punch/fiber laser combination machine, the LC 2515 C1 AJ, combines the forces of a 22 ton turret punch press with the flexibility of a 2 kW fiber laser.
To maximize punching productivity in conjunction with laser cutting, the C1 AJ features a 49-station MPT (Multi-Purpose Turret). In addition to ensuring maximum speed, the highly-efficient fiber laser uses approximately a third of the electricity when compared to a CO2 system.
The laser head moves in the Y-axis via a direct drive servomechanism for maximum speed and accuracy and is isolated from punching vibration to help maintain beam integrity and cut quality. Reliability is further enhanced by a gap near the laser axis which is engineered to allow cutting gas and slag to escape without impacting processing. A cartridge-type lens provides for simple and fast lens changes. In addition, the use of non-contact sensor technology ensures that the laser beam remains focused on the sheet, thereby guaranteeing maximum quality and consistent cutting operations.
Unique features of the MPT include four tapping tool stations and three innovative die lift stations. The die stations automatically lift to facilitate upward forms while reducing material scratches and preventing downward forms from hitting the forming dies during sheet movements. In addition, a brush table automatically lifts to support material and provide scratch-free processing — eliminating the need for secondary finishing.
- AMNC touchscreen control with a 900 cut condition database
- Barcode reader for rapid program loading
- 49-station MPT or 46 (4 auto index) provides flexible production
- MPT also provides unique forming and tapping functions
- Patented bridge frame construction
- Compact and ergonomic safety enclosure
- Energy saving — ECO Cut and reduced power consumption
- Rapid changeover between synchronized punch and laser
- Flexible table design
- Compact footprint