New tapping tool now in “D” station size
- December 9, 2018
Wilson Tool International has announced that its QuickTap tapping tool is available for the D station as well as the previously available C station size.
Manufactured by Wilson Tool International for thick turret punch press machines, QuickTap enables fabricators to eliminate time-consuming secondary operations related to creating threaded holes by running the tool right in the punch press.
- Taps a threaded hole with every machine stroke – up to 200 holes per minute (dependent on material type, thickness and tap size)
- Produces accurate threads at any programmed location on the sheet
- Creates stronger threads, as formed threads have a higher tensile strength than cut threads.
- Reduces or eliminates shavings from machined tapping
- Built-in tapping fluid injection system is synchronized with the machine stroke to reduce wear and breakage
- Tapping injection system’s large tank enables the tapping of up to 40,000 holes before refilling
- Taps are easily changed – no disassembly is required
- Taps are available in both imperial and metric sizes
- Tool lubrication is made simple using external grease and oil ports
- Accepts multiple sized taps
- Currently available for thick turret punch presses, C and D station sizes