New fiber laser from MC Machinery
- September 21, 2017
MC Machinery’s fiber laser offering has expanded to include another option in laser cutting technology.
The new SR-F series features a 3m by 1.5 m footprint with many of the features and options that are popular in its bestselling eX-F laser.
The SR-F laser is available in 2 kW and 3 kW. This entry level machine offers the advantages of a Mitsubishi laser in an economical package. A 2D fiber laser processing system comes standard with a fiber laser resonator, a processing head and a safety cover. It also includes the sophisticated Mitsubishi 700 series control with 64-bit NC and a 15-inch touch screen. Other standard features of the SR-F include:
- Motion Cut - features the beam on/off time and axial movement simultaneously to eliminate the need for the axes to stop.
- Eco Mode - reduces cost during standby by up to 70 percent.
- Power Control System - provides power stability of ±1 per cent.
- Automatic Focusing - allows for easy and consistent focusing
- Magnetic Damage Reduction Function - protects the head and eliminates the need f or nozzle centering in the event of a crash.
- MC Remote 360 - provides real-time data to help increase productivity, improve efficiency, and reduce down time
Fiber laser technology dopes the optical fiber of the active gain medium. Since the light is already in a fiber, this allows a flexible path for delivering to a movable focusing element, such as the processing head. The technology eliminates bend mirrors and effectively eliminates the need for beam adjustment and alignment, improving consistency.