Mitutoyo releases new version of automated CMM measurement program
- April 18, 2017
Mitutoyo has released version 1.4 of its MicCat Planner for CMMs. The software generates CNC CMM measuremennt programs quickly and easily.
MiCAT Planner automates measurement program generation utilizing digital (CAD) models containing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) information, along with your specific Dimensional Measuring Equipment (DME). The program is then automatically generated using the optimum path and probing system available from your machine specific conditions. If your models do not contain the GD&T annotations, no problem, it can easily be added. MiCAT Planner seamlessly integrates with MCOSMOS for use with Mitutoyo CMMs.
MiCAT Planner version 1.4, enhances the existing version with these added functions:
- Multiple probe tips for measurement of a single feature
- Measurement Rules Based on Related Characteristics
- Angle of a ConeConnection of individual points to create a circle
- User prioritizing of feature measurement
- Intersecting cones for diameter measurement
- Graphical Editing of Point, Line and Circle
- User Reduced Tool Length
- Clearance Distance for or safety zones based on percentage
- Support User Choice for Nominal Angle