Hot rolled high strength strip steel
- March 10, 2019
SSAB has added to its 1100 MPa range of Strenx performance steels.
Strenx 1100 Plus hot rolled, high strength strip steel with unique weld properties. Improved weld seam strength contributes to lighter, stronger and more environmentally friendly equipment with better performance in the transportation and lifting industries.
Traditionally weld seams can represent weak links in the highest grades of structural steels. SSAB says 1100 Plus virtually eliminates weld weaknesses because the strength, elongation and impact toughness properties of the welded area meet the minimum guarantees of the parent material. The optimal combination of strength and toughness of the welded and heat-affected area offers a major benefit to the design engineering process: the design can be based on the same minimum static strength for the entire application, depending on the design rules.
Strenx 1100 Plus is tailored for lifting equipment, such as cranes, as well as lighter transportation solutions and advanced structures that require matching strength in the welds. It has higher strength than in the Strenx 1100 parent material. This translates into cranes that reach higher, trailers that carry more payload, and trucks that use less fuel and emit less CO2.
The product will be offered in thicknesses of 4.0-8.0 mm, widths up to 1,600 mm, and lengths up to 13,000 mm.
Benefits in the workshop:
- a very clean steel and a controlled production process mean consistent high quality and predictable results;
- guaranteed flatness, thickness and bendability properties;
- tight tolerances guaranteed;
- welding can be done at room temperature (based on CTS tests according to ISO 17642-2:2005);
- optimal combination of strength and toughness in welded area and heat affected zone.