Grooving and parting tooling with unique insert pocket
- May 19, 2021
The Walter Cut DX18 double-edged grooving and parting off inserts have insert widths of 1.5-4 mm (0.059-0.157-in.) and the cutting insert is seated in the insert pocket with a unique prismatic design.
This innovative insert seating substantially eliminates the tendency for vibrations, increasing insert life as well as tool holder life. The design also prevents incorrect engagement, especially for narrow insert widths, and enables an extremely high indexing accuracy.
The elevated protective edge is an feature of these carbide inserts that protects the clamping finger of the tool holder from chip-wash and acts as an additional chip breaker.
New DX18 geometries include:
- "C" cut off geometries—CF6, CF5, and CE4
- "G" grooving geometries GD6, and GD3
- "U" universal geometries UF4, UD4 and UA4 for groove turning, parting off and grooving
- The UD4 acts as a unique trouble shooter to achieve exceptional chip control.
- "R" full-radius geometries for copy turning and radius grooving include a sintered RF7.
- The holders for these inserts are made for swiss style machines as well as conventional lathe and bar feeder machines.
The holders have either precision thru-coolant configuration or external coolant configuration. The G4014-P holders are uniquely designed for swiss machines, allowing inserts to be indexed while on the machine gang tooling.
The G4011 holders are offered for conventional lathes in both square shank and Capto style designs, while the G4041 blade style holders are ideal for parting off close to shoulders in a limited space.