Five metre X-axis turret punch press
- November 5, 2021
LVD North America has introduced the Strippit V30 1550, a heavy-duty 30 metric ton turret punch press featuring a 200-inch (5 m) X-axis.
The exceptionally long X-axis makes the Strippit V30 1550 the only punching machine of its kind engineered to allow the processing of worksheets up to 200-inches long by 60-inches wide without multiple sheet repositions, excessive sheet handling or extra shearing operations, LVD says. Reduced non-value part handling time improves the productivity and cost efficiency of punching and forming operations, while the ability to process a large sheet size also reduces welding and other secondary tasks, decreasing cost per part.
The rack and pinion design supports precise motion and rigidity over the full length of the five metre axis. The X-axis traverse speed is 3150 ipm (80 m/min) with a combined axis traverse speed of 4095 ipm (104 m/min). The Strippit V30 1550 has a maximum hit rate of 440 hits per minute on one inch centres in material thicknesses up to 0.25 inches (6.35 mm).
The machine’s positioning system provides the industry’s heaviest sheet carrying capacity at full speed. The advanced table positioning system of the Strippit V30 1550 produces a finished part accuracy of +/- .004 inches (0.1 mm) with a repeatability of +/- .002 inches (0.05 mm) over the entire table travel. The accuracy of finished parts provides process stability.
The Strippit V30 1550 features:
- A 48 station thick style turret with hardened steel guide bushings
- Four programmable work clamps that can be individually programmed on the X carriage and relocated to a new position within the part program
- Large 17 inch x 19 inch (450 x 500 mm) work chute for part removal
- LVD’s latest-generation Touch-P control
- All brush or combination brush/ball table, depending on application requirements
- Optional four metre auto load/unload system.