Fine positioning fastener welding
- February 7, 2021
It’s ideal for robot applications where part dimensions, hole locations, or tooling are slightly inconsistent.
This system is available in Standard Feed Process (SFP) for nut and stud welding applications, and Inverted Feed Process (IFP) for nut welding and special applications.
The gun includes a compliance feature and the entire gun design has been optimized to create the best balance between stability and ease of movement.
The compliance mount assembly is set far enough from the weld plane that it does not introduce variation to the welding process itself.
Standard features include:
- Patented VeriFast LVDT for accurate detection of fastener presence, orientation, and measurement of set down.
- Patented Quick Fastener Placement (QFP) Unit for rapid nut feed in the IFP configuration.
- C-Frame mounting style to return the gun to the initial position without external force.
- Low-impact actuator choices to achieve a wide range of welding forces.
- PedTec weld gun stand.
- Full leveling adjustment for reliable setup.