Expanded CBN insert series
- June 29, 2018
Tungaloy has expanded its Wavy Joint series.
The CBN insert series with enhanced brazing technology now includes four new negative insert shapes: DNG*, TNG*, VNG* and WNG*.
The Wavy Joint CBN insert, already launched earlier this year in the CNG* style, features a new CBN-tip brazing technology, which ensures strength and reliability in aggressive hardened steel machining of up to 0.8 mm or 0.03” depth of cut. This feature allows finish cutting in a single large-depth-of-cut pass, replacing traditional multiple small depth passes.
The new lineup includes four different insert shapes in DNG*, TNG*, VNG*, and WNG*, in a total of nine items, to cover a wide range of applications.
• A D.O.C. of up to 1.6x as deep as that of conventional brazing technology is possible thanks to this new brazing technology
• Unique wavy-formed interface further enhances the bondage between the CBN tip and carbide insert
• The increased CBN tip size allows efficient heat dissipation on the cutting edge, enabling its use in aggressive dry cutting conditions
• Up to 0.8 mm or 0.03” D.O.C. can be achieved with each pass, thus reducing machining passes for higher efficiency
• The insert offers a reduced risk of debrazing, enabling dry and interrupted cutting at a large depth of cut. This will prevent premature insert failures caused by extreme temperature variations at the cutting point during wet cutting