Robotic arc welding tracking
- April 15, 2016
ABB's WeldGuide is a combined process control and “Through the Arc” adaptive seam tracking system integrated into the robot controller.
It is designed to track welding joint variations due to fixturing or part fit up and will, in an automatic mode, monitor and track the weld seam during the weld process.
Key features of WeldGuide are:
- "Through the Arc" adaptive seam tracking system for centerline-and single side tracking
- Tracks the weld path by measuring weld data during weaving
- Impedance used as the measurment sourceUse torch to work (stick-out) as reference
- Minimum weave: 1.5 x wire diameter
- Maximum weld speed: 25mm/sec (throat size 4 mm)