Tungaloy Corp.has expanded its Tung-Tri line with a roughing cutter and NMJ chipbreaker, the square shoulder milling range with indexable inserts.
Tung-Tri Roughing Type is the cutter body with long flute length. The optimized positioning of cutting edges and the inserts with low cutting force offer high performance. Up to two sub-units (extension units) can be mounted on the cutter body with diameter 80 mm and up, which extends the cutting length and further enhances the efficiency in rough milling.
The NMJ chipbreaker has the chip splitter designed to produce small chips and reduce cutting force. Combined with the Tung-Tri roughing cutter, the performance is drastically improved. The insert is available in grade AH3135, featuring excellent fracture and chipping resistance, for long and stable tool life, according to the company.
Tung-Tri Roughing cutter:
- Prevents chattering due to the irregular pitch and the optimized positioning of cutting edges
- Extends cutting length by sub-units (Up to 2 extension units can be mounted on a cutter with diameter ø80 mm and up
- Line-up of cutter bodies: Tool diameters from ø50 to ø100 mm
- Maximum depth of cut: 15 mm
- Small chips and low cutting force compared to the conventional inserts
- Available in 2 grades: AH3135 and AH120 with strong resistance to fracture and chipping