Today’s surface measurement market demands greater measurement and analysis functionality than ever before and to meet these needs, the SJ-310 series (successor to the SJ-301 series) from Mitutoyo has all the basic features of a portable surface roughness tester, but with better performance.
It comes with the same carrying case as the existing SJ-301 series, and includes a large colour LCD touch panel for high visibility, as well as the option to choose from one of 16 display languages. It boasts an X-axis measuring range of 16.0 mm (5.6 mm with a transverse tracing drive unit), and a high-resolution detector with a resolution of 360 μm.
Three drive units are available: a standard drive unit, a transverse tracing drive unit, and a retractable drive unit. External ports include a USB port, Mitutoyo’s own Digimatic output port, an RS-232C port, and a footswitch port. Power is supplied from one of two sources: a built-in Ni-MH rechargeable battery, or an AC adapter. An optional SD memory card can store large amounts of measurement results and condition data. A high-speed, high-quality thermal printer built into the display unit prints approximately 1.5-times faster than the printer for the SJ-301 model, allowing for stress-free printing of graphs and other data. The large color-graphic LCD touch panel is 5.7 inches and backlit, dramatically improving readability in dark environments.
- Large display screen for an array of display options: Features a highly legible, 5.7-inch color-graphic LCD screen with backlight for dramatically easier operation. Also displays pass/fail results in color, and renders not only measurement results but also assessment profiles, bearing area curves, and amplitude distribution curves with clarity.
- Simple and intuitive operation: The 5.7-inch color-graphic LCD screen on the display unit allows users to switch between icon- and text-based display settings. The combination of icons and touch-screen navigation makes operation simple and intuitive. A guidance tool provides detailed explanations of touch-panel buttons for enhanced usability.
- Detectors and drive units for all measuring environments: Choose from two detector types, 0.75mN and 4mN measuring force, and from three drive unit types: a standard drive unit, transverse tracing drive unit, and retractable drive unit. The retractable drive unit stays in a retracted position to prevent the detector from being damaged when inserted in tight spaces, while the transverse tracing drive unit is perfect for measuring the narrow surfaces on crankshafts, EDM parts, and similar components.
- Multi-language support: Choose from 16 display languages.
- Multiple data interfaces supplied as standard: Use a USB connection and dedicated data transfer program* to easily fill an Excel spreadsheet with measurement conditions and results.