KYOCERA SGS Precision Tools has announced a new expansion to the H-Carb seven-flute high efficiency end mill series with an array of larger corner radii options.
The H-Carb Series 77 end mills specialize in deep axial trochoidal and high-speed machining applications and are offered in various lengths of cut. The specially designed core and flute design improve rigidity and chip flow while reducing deflection. The seven-flute design allows for superior finishes at higher speed and feed rates versus 5 and 6 flute tools.
The H-Carb portfolio now includes 72 new tools featuring 2,0mm, 3,0mm, and 4,0mm corner radius sizes and are available in 3 lengths of cut (2.5xD, 3xD and 4xD). Coatings are available in Ti-NAMITE- A and Ti-NAMITE-M making them suitable for dry machining in ferrous based materials such as cast irons and numerous carbon steels. The Chip Breaker profile is standard with a wide range of square end and corner radii options offered to meet a variety of machining specifications.
- Heavy duty core and specialized flute design for improved rigidity, chip flow and reduced deflection.
- Chip Breaker profile standard in portfolio and aids in chip flow, especially in deep pocketing operations.
- Deep pocketing and slotting capability using the various lengths of cut offered applying a trochoidal tool path.
- CAM programming methods using high efficiency machining by applying trochoidal tool paths and incorporating constant cutter engagement.
- Available in three lengths of cut (2.5xD, 3xD, 4xD).
- Available in Ti-NAMITE-A and Ti-NAMITE-M suitable for dry machining in ferrous based materials such as cast irons and many carbon steels.
- Cutting Diameter: 1/4″ – 1″ / 6,0-25,0
- Length of Cut: 5/8″ – 4″ / 15,0-100,0
- Overall Length: 2 1/2″-7″ / 63,0-170,0
- Shank Diameter: 1/4″-1″ / 6,0-25,0
- Corner Radius: .015-.120 / 0,3-4,0
- Coating(s): Ti-NAMITE®-M, Ti-NAMITE®-A
- Special Options: Chip Breakers
- Steel ≤ 45 HRc
- Stainless Steel ≤ 45HRc
- Cast Iron ≤ 45HRc
- High-Temp Alloys
- Titanium Alloys ≤ 45 HRc
- Power Generation
- Mould & Die
- Casting & Foundries
- General Engineering