Studer, a brand of United Grinding, has introduced the S100 high-precision universal internal cylindrical grinding machine.
The S100 is targeted at a range of internal grinding applications in the entry-level market.
“The S100 perfectly complements our comprehensive internal grinding portfolio”, explained Studer CSO Sandro Bottazzo when presenting the S100 at the BI-MU Exhibition in Milan.
The S100 has a machine bed made of Granitan, which offers dampening and thermal characteristics of this material that boost the consistency of good grinding results and improves precision. During the development process, special attention was given to designing simple components, easing operation and maintenance easier. The features built into the S100 make it suitable for grinding geometrically defined basic forms and contours for a wide range of parts, all of which can be generated with the machine’s interpolating axes.
The S100 can be configured to meet each customer’s needs. It can be equipped with up to two internal grinding spindles, or one internal and one external spindle. In addition to a fixed wheelhead, it can be supplied with a manual wheelhead and a 2.5 degree Hirth coupling. The optimal combination consists of an automatic wheelhead with a 1 degree Hirth. A synchronous motor drives the grease-lubricated internal and external belt spindles. The machine is operated by the Fanuc 0i-TF PLUS controller, together with the Studer operating system.
The S100 also offers automation equipment options. The machine can be ordered with a loading interface and an automatic sliding door, enabling automatic operation for large production runs.
Typical workpieces for production on the S100 include collets for toolmaking, bearing rings, ball bearings and cylinders, as well as hydraulic control valves in small runs. External and internal machining of flange parts or grinding of threads or non-circular forms are also possible.
- Max. workpiece length: 550 mm (21.65 inches)
- Max. swing diameter: 425 mm (16.73 inches)
- Max. internal grinding diameter: 180 mm (7.08 inches)
- Max. diameter of internal grinding wheel: 63 mm (2.48 inches)
- Internal grinding spindle speeds: 20.000/40.000/60.000 rpm
- Max. diameter of external grinding wheel: 400 x 40 x 127 mm (15.74 x 1.57 x 5.00 inches) F1N
- Workhead: Chuck workhead ISO50/110 or chuck workhead MT4/70
- Machine dimensions W × D × H: approx. 3090 × 2090 × 1990 mm (121.65 × 82.28 × 78.34 inches)
- Machine weight: approx. 4500 kg (9,920 lbs.)
A video about the S100 can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/Xn54ysMgjPg