EMUGE-FRANKEN USA, GROB Systems, Inc. and Concepts NREC will be jointly holding a complimentary Tech Day on June 7, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET at the EMUGE Technology Center in West Boylston, MA.
Attendees will learn milling strategies for blisk manufacturing and see live machining demonstrations on a GROB G550a 5-Axis machining center featuring EMUGE Circle Segment milling tools with programming from Concepts NREC MAX-PAC CAM software for turbomachinery applications. Lunch will be provided.
Manufacturing professionals are welcome and encouraged to attend by registering here.
Technology experts will present and demonstrate key advanced strategies for highly productive blisk machining including:
- Reducing finishing time with EMUGE Circle Segment (a.k.a. conical barrel) cutters in tandem with powerful MAX-PAC CAM strategies. Circle Segment end mills vastly reduce finishing times on parts featuring challenging geometric contours such as blisks.
- High-speed roughing solutions using MAX-PAC’s UPASS trochoidal strategy.
- Improving accuracy and reducing chatter by utilizing a multi-depth mixed milling strategy.
- Eliminating witness lines on the blade by utilizing MAX-PAC’s finishing blending strategies.
- High accuracy and maximum stability with the GROB G550a 5-Axis machining center which features a unique machine concept including a horizontal spindle position that permits the longest possible Z-travel path and optimum chip fall management. The arrangement of three linear axes offers maximum stability by minimizing the distance between the guides and the machining point (TCP). Three linear and two rotary axes permit 5-sided machining, as well as 5-axis simultaneous interpolation, with a swivel range of 230 degrees in the A-axis and 360 degrees in the B-axis.