ACU-RITE has announced that its new iOS app, droPWR, is now available in the Apple App Store.
The app allows users to turn an ordinary iPad into a digital readout console.
This advancement leverages ACU-RITE’s expertise and offerings in the DRO space to improve flexibility and ease of use.
Key benefits of the droPWR include:
- Intuitive user experience and touchscreen conventions
- Dynamic switching between milling, turning and grinding machines/applications
- Multiple configurations on one tablet, with parameters set to each user
- On-boarding configuration walks the user through application setup
- Bluetooth technology for wireless connectivity to encoders via an interface box
Two key user advantages of the droPWR app are split-screen functionality and dynamic zoom. The split-screen capability allows users to multitask—having more than one application displayed at a time (the readout application on one side and part print on the other, for example).
The dynamic zoom feature when enabled allows the user to visually see the position value of the current moving axis to improve legibility—especially from a distance.
“ACU-RITE DROs allow manufacturers and educators to take their manual machines to the next level in terms of precision, productivity and overall potential,” says ACU-RITE Business Unit Manager John Parker. “The droPWR takes this to the next level, thanks to its versatility and multi-machine capabilities. It’s a perfect fit for classrooms and manufacturing environments of all kinds.”
ACU-RITE is part of the HEIDENHAIN family of brands.