Metal Supermarkets, the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals, has opening submissions for the 10th ‘Metal My Way’ competition.
Highlighting the versatility and craftsmanship of metalworking, Metal My Way is a photo and video submission contest open to both professionals and hobbyists. Entrants submit their innovative metal-made projects up to September 30 to win one of six prizes. Metal Supermarkets is the title sponsor of the annual contest along with Cosen Saws, Swift Cut, Space Aid Manufacturing, and OMAX as additional sponsors.
“The Metal My Way contest gets better each year, with entrants bringing more and more innovative projects and metalworking talent,” said Stephen Schober, President and CEO of Metal Supermarkets. “Our team is always honored to celebrate the skills of metal workers and artists who are passionate about their craft while also highlighting the versatility of the industry. Good luck to all of this year’s applicants!”
The contest will be awarding a grand prize to the best overall project, with the winner receiving an EV 88 Portable Benchtop KAMA Bandsaw. Six secondary prizes will be awarded to individual category winners, with each person receiving a Husky 46-inch 9-Drawer Mobile Workbench with Solid Wood Top. The categories are as follows:
- Vehicle Projects: Includes, but is not limited to, car restorations/modifications, engine work, trailer and camper builds, plane builds or restorations, boat builds or restorations, motorized scooter, bike and buggy builds, and similar projects.
- Artistic & Design Projects: Includes, but is not limited to jewelry, statues, sculptures, guitars, and similar projects.
- Furniture & Home Projects: Includes, but is not limited to outdoor and indoor furniture, home renovations, and similar projects.
- Industrial or Shop Projects: Includes, but is not limited to shop equipment and tool builds, large-scale construction projects or specific aspects of those projects, equipment and tool repair or modification, and similar projects.
- Knives Projects: Includes, but is not limited to knives, swords, blades, and similar projects.
Grand prize and category winners will be selected from qualifying projects. The selection committee, which is made up of Metal Supermarkets corporate staff, will consider criteria including complexity, detail and intricacy; scale; uniqueness and creativity; craftmanship; quantity of metal used; and ingenuity when selecting the winners. Entrants can submit multiple projects to the Metal My Way contest, but are only eligible to win one prize.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a photo or video of their metal projects at the following link: https://metalmyway.com.
Metal Supermarkets has 110 brick-and-mortar stores across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom with 10 franchise locations in development. Known for its speed and convenience, Metal Supermarkets sells a wide variety of metals including Aluminum, Hot-Rolled Steel, Cold-Rolled Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Galvanized Steel, Tool Steel, Brass, Bronze and Copper. With highly specialized staff, customers can get the metal they need in a size that is convenient for them.
For additional information about Metal Supermarkets, visit https://www.metalsupermarkets.com.