Job shops supporting Manitoba’s mining industry will be happy to hear what the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce have to say.
The province’s Chambers of Commerce says the Manitoba Mineral Development Fund (MMDF) launched in 2020 is working in providing funding and stimulating investment for northern economic development and mining projects.
Managed by the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce for the province of Manitoba, MMDF has approved almost $8 million towards a range of mining and economic development projects across Manitoba. Since 2020, the fund is reporting:
- 49 projects approved
- 201 short-term jobs created
- 73 long-term jobs created
- 72 community-Indigenous partnerships formed
- 29 projects, or 59 per cent, of project funding went to supporting mineral exploration projects in Manitoba. Other areas included community economic development (27 per cent) and Indigenous enterprise and partnership (14 per cent).
- Snow Lake Area ($2.4M), Flin Flon Area ($1.4M), and Thompson Area ($1.2M) received the majority of the project funding.
- $54.6 M (88 per cent) dollars leveraged
To learn more about the Manitoba Mineral Development Fund visit mmdf.ca
photo courtesy Manitoba Chambers of Commerce