Okuma America Corporation is launching its new five axis VMC, the GENOS M460V-5AX, at IMTS this year.
The new VMC combines full five axis simultaneous control with rigid, cast iron, double-column construction and a high-speed spindle. These features enable the VMC to cut a variety of complex parts and exotic metals. At IMTS, this machine will demonstrate five axis machining for job shops.
• Spindle: The spindle motor design produces less vibration and power loss at the tool tip for improved surface finishes
• Pre Tension Ball Screws: High precision ball screws generate smooth linear guide movement to all three axes and allow for better control of the machining process
• Solid Trunnion: Using a hypoid gear drive, the sturdy trunnion has outstanding accuracy, rigidity and table rotation speed
• OSP Control: Okuma’s open architecture machine control is PC based and allows customization for optimum machining performance
• Thermo Friendly Concept: Designed and built to be thermally stable to compensate for ambient temperatures around the machine and heat generated during machining – enabling increased accuracies
• Five Axis Auto Tuning System: Maintains precise machining and easily fine tunes the machine by measuring geometric errors and automatically adjusting as needed