New attraction at CMTS 2013
- June 13, 2013
Canada’s national manufacturing event, the Canadian Manufacturing Technology Show (CMTS), is returning to the airport after 14 years in downtown Toronto and celebrating the return with a new attraction.
Event organizers have announcedthe building of a unique airport terminal on-site, complete with check-in concierge desk, luggage carousel “stage,” duty-free manufacturing shops, VIP lounge and dining areas.
Called Terminal 4 – Where Knowledge Takes Flight, the new, leading-edge feature area delivers on the CMTS 2013 theme of “Expect More,” said Julie Pike, event manager of CMTS, which takes place at The International Centre in Mississauga September 30-October 3.
Sponsored by Sandvik Coromant Canada, Terminal 4 will be located in the central hub of the show, acting as a connection between the event’s five exhibit halls showcasing hundreds of exhibits on display. Serving as an area for knowledge exchange and networking, the manufacturing-themed terminal will include:
- An array of “Duty-Free Manufacturing Shops,” offering resources from CMTS organizer, SME, Tooling U, and other industry partners.
- A special presentation stage on the luggage carousel.
- A glimpse into the future of the automotive and medical industries, with revolutionary displays and demos.
- The only dedicated WiFi zone at CMTS.
- An upscale food court experience with reserved dining options.
- A VIP lounge, overlooking the airport tarmac, for all CMTS guests to unwind, make calls, check emails or grab a coffee with a prospect.
- Access to the complimentary CMTS shuttle buses to host hotels.
- Access to the complimentary CMTS shuttle bus to Pearson Airport.
- Concierge service desk to assist guests, from questions about CMTS, to restaurant referrals, to cell phone charging services.
We are thrilled to partner with SME in presenting Terminal 4 at CMTS,” said Ross Carpino, General Manager of Sandvik Coromant Canada. “It’s a natural evolution of our participation at CMTS, as this nexus of the show floor will serve as the key hub for knowledge exchange and networking among manufacturers, suppliers and industry leaders.”
According to Pike, the Terminal 4 showcase “will rival any feature we’ve had in the past at CMTS.” She explained that as momentum continues to build rapidly for the show, organizers still have a few more big announcements to make before September.
For more information or to register, visit CMTS online.