CWB launches new assessment portal
- March 10, 2021
The program will address the welding industry's skills shortages by assessing foreign competencies of internationally trained welders and increasing pre-arrival preparedness for integration into the welding industry. The program will guide individuals on how their skills, qualifications, and credentials align with Canadian provincial requirements and what additional conditions need to be satisfied.
This free, bilingual online portal provides online services and resources, including:
- Mapping the jurisdictional requirement by profession (pathway to certification)
- Competency assessment tool based on the CWB Learning resources and personalized gap analysis of knowledge against Canadian standards
- Links to educational material and training institutions to upgrade knowledge and skills
- Links to pre-and post-arrivals services, including settlement services, immigration support, financial assistance
- Job search support/Links to Career Websites
Whether you are looking to move from one Canadian jurisdiction to another or a newcomer to Canada, the WCCA portal will assist you in understanding the pathway to certification, how your skills compare to Canadian standards through the competency assessment platform and how to upgrade your skills through access to numerous training programs.
"The WCCA is one of the key new service offerings by CWB Group designed to address the challenges of skilled personnel," shares Husam Mansour, program director, industry services. "Newcomers to Canada and Canadian welding professionals, alike, will benefit by upgrading their skills and accessing a suite of career development services to help them secure employment in one of the many industries desperate for skilled welding professionals."
The program was funded through the Foreign Credential Recognition Program (FCRP) that provides funding to provincial and territorial governments, regulatory bodies, national associations and credential assessment agencies.