CWB Association introduces Training Supplement and Upskill Program
- February 17, 2022
The CWB Association has introduced a new program that it says will offer various skills that help promote continued learning and upskilling within the steel industries.
The goal of the Training Supplement and Upskill Program (TSUP) is to “build confidence within the industry by encouraging members to train further on the job to become the best that they can be,” says the CWB Association.
As the program rolls out, more educational partners are being added to the mix, beginning with LearnIt (more details below).
As TSUP content expands, French language support and courses will be added (late 2022) as well as Canadian Accredited courses through a variety of educational partners (early 2023).
“In my career as a welder and then fabricator, one of the most important lessons in my career was that to be successful; you must always keep learning,” said Max Ceron, director, CWB Association. “The second biggest lesson was that it was my responsibility to keep learning. While working and living one’s life, it can be tough to find the time, money, and schedule to keep learning and gain the skills that an evolving workforce demands. That’s why it is so important for us at the CWB Association to be there for our members every step of the way. With the TSUP, we can now offer a whole new way a professional association interacts with its members to offer the key education they need to reach their potential.”
There are two main types of courses offered through TSUP and the partnership with LearnIt:
- Partly Subsidized:
- These courses are offered for discounts or reduced rates for CWB Association members. These are asynchronous (available anywhere, anytime) or can be programmed to set times with limited availability.
- There are no limits to the number of partly subsidized or discounted courses taken. Once members register, they can access an entire catalogue of courses online.
- All CWB members will enjoy a 10 percent discount on any course offered on the LearnIt platform.
- Fully subsidized:
- The courses are fully funded by either the CWB Association or an industry partner. These can also be asynchronous or programmed.
- The courses are available based on funding and availability, plus have limited seating.
- External and internal partners can fund the courses for public and internal use to increase access.
LearnIt is a learning platform that allows for ease of access and convenience. It offers an immersive experience for the user and provides numerous advantages once registration has been completed. The CWB Association is extremely excited to be providing this service to the industry. CWBA is confident that this will provide the opportunities needed for industry members to succeed in their careers.