Call for Canadian manufacturing SMEs interested in A.I. and Industry 4.0
- October 16, 2019
The Canadian Trade Commissioner has issued a call for applications from small and midsized manufacturers who want to participate in an Artificial Intelligence and Industry 4.0 R&D program.
Global Affairs Canada has issued the application through its embassy in Berlin, Germany. Those whose applications are accepted will be able to participate in the Canadian AI and Industry 4.0 R&D Partnering Mission, which the federal government will be running in Germany January 19-24, 2020.
The program gives Canadian SMEs an opportunity to find opportunities for R&D collaboration in these areas. The Canadian Trade Commissioner will be evaluating projects focused on AI manufacturing with the involvement of Canadian and German organizations. The objective is to bring new products and services to market within three to five years.
Examples of R&D collaboration include:
- validation of Canadian technology to the German market;
- adaptation of Canadian technology to meet German market characteristics; or
- joint development of new products or services by combining Canadian and German technology.
In order to benefit from the Mission, Global Affairs Canada says Canadian participants should meet the following criteria:
- profit-oriented small and medium size enterprise incorporated in Canada;
- previous experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets:
- capacity and interest to co-develop technology with German partners:
- committed to expansion to the German and European market; and,
- sufficient working capital and human resources to undertake a multi-year R&D collaboration and commercialize results.
The Mission will take place over a five-day-period and visit three of the key manufacturing regions in Germany: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria. The mission will include:
- partnering events providing the opportunity to present company activities and R&D project ideas;
- tailored B2B meetings with German companies and/or research centres to identify matching interests, potential partners and consortia;
- site visits offering the opportunity to meet with German key stakeholders, companies and research organizations.
Deadline for applications is November 29.
More details here.