Bystronic is throwing out a challenge to fabricators who process parts in the 8 mm (0.19 in.) range: use fiber laser cutting technology to prove out the advantages the technology can offer in this sheet metal thickness range.
The challenge is simple. If you click here, you can fill out a form and email Bystronic up to three DXF files. The company will conduct an analysis of your parts and provide you with the time estimates and cost of the part calculations.
According to Bystronic, the fiber laser facts speak for themselves:
- Fiber lasers cut faster (up to 300 per cent faster) in the thin sheet metal range less than 8 mm (3/16-in.) thick.
- Fiber lasers have low operating costs (up to 50 per cent less than CO2 lasers) because minimal energy is used and no mirrors, lasing gas, gas circulators, or vacuum pumps are required.
- Fiber laser beam is generated and delivered via a fiber optic cable eliminating the need for delivery mirrors or beam path bellows and purging.
- Fiber lasers are highly flexible and able to process a variety of materials, including mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, and copper with excellent cut quality.
- Fiber lasers are available with a wide range of fiber laser powers for the highest level of productivity across a broad range of material thicknesses up to a thickness of 3/4 inch thick.