Designed for use in shipbuilding, offshore, construction or pipe welding operations, the Activ8™ portable wire feeder from Lincoln Electric offers a modular design that is small enough to fit through ship manways and light enough to carry around the site.
The portable wire feeder is capable of feeding self-shielded FCAW or FCAW-G and GMAW (MIG) gas-shielded wires at 50-800 ipm (1.3 – 20.3 m/min). It will handle GMAW wires .023 – .052 in. (0.6 – 1.3 mm) in diameter and FCAW wires of .035 – 5/64 in. (0.9 – 2.0 mm) in diameter. The Activ8 is rated at 330 amps at 60% duty cycle and weighs in at only 27 lb. (12.2 kg).
Key features of Activ8 include:
- Designed specifically for 8 in. (200 mm) spools
- Compatible with any DC CV and/or CC power source
- Simple controls include front WFS knob and internal booted Cold Feed and/ Gas Purges, Trigger Interlock and CV/CC switches
- Across-the-arc operation (voltage sensing) uses a sense lead and contactor to enable weld current
- Standard shielding gas apparatus can be used for FCAW-G and GMAW processes
- Tough plastic case, molded from high-impact, flame-retardant material, is durable and lightweight enough to withstand repeated drop testing
At the heart of the Activ8wire feeder is the Maxtrac Drive System, which features:
- Dual gear-driven drive system to ensure positive feeding performance
- Patented wire drive with tool-less drive roller and wire guide changes for quick spool replacement
- Tachometer-controlled motor to power drive rolls for smooth, steady feeding without wire slippage