Sandvik Coromant and GibbsCAM will be delving into dynamic turning methods that can help realize 30% rough turning cycle time reduction in an upcoming webinar.
The webinar, scheduled for Thursday, August 10 at 1 pm EST, will cover PrimeTurning, a new way of all-directional turning, as well as Y-axis turning. PrimeTurning is designed to offer improved machining flexibility and the potential for significant productivity gains, the companies claim.
“This innovation presents countless possibilities to create an existing turning operation in a much more efficient and productive way,” they state in a release.
The GibbsCAM 2023 newest software release includes several significant turning enhancements including the implementation of Sandvik Coromant’s PrimeTurnin, all-directional turning strategies. These new cutting methodologies support turning and facing in all directions, delivering increases in high volume production.
Specifically, the webinar will cover:
- Flexibility suitable for turning in all directions
- Tool selection to significantly reduce tool change times
- Substantially improved speed and feed rates for faster metal removal
- The need for an agile CAM software to support innovative turning strategies
- What is Y-axis turning and how can it help you
- How to program PrimeTurning and Y-axis operations using GibbsCAM