ANCA, a manufacturer of CNC grinding machines, is once again offering its annual “Tool of the Year” competition.
“The competition is based on the passion and the craft of tool making and celebrates our highly skilled tool grinding community. Customers can submit their favorite tool with the winners to be judged and announced live at EMO 2023,” ANCA CNC Machines states in a release.
There are two competition categories to recognize both the functionality and creativity of cutting tool manufacturers.
The main prize goes to the winner of this category, where entrants will be judged on the form and performance of their cutting tool. The winner of #MadeonANCA receives a trip to ANCA’s headquarters in Melbourne, Australia and $10,000 AUD worth of parts, accessories or software. This prize comes with access as an ANCA VIP to exclusive opportunities with our ANCA experts.
Most Innovative Tool Design
This category is for virtual tools. Entrants are encouraged to be creative and use ANCA tool design software to push ideas to their limits. The winner of the most innovative virtual tool will receive $10,000 AUD worth of parts, accessories or software.
Submissions are open from May 15 to August 8th 2023.
How to enter
1. Read the terms and conditions at www.anca.com/tool-of-the-year
2. Upload your tool image to your social media channel and tag #ANCATooloftheYear2023 – or send your image to [email protected]
3. Fill in the form at www.anca.com/tool-of-the-year
4. Keep an eye on our social media channels as we announce important dates around voting and finalists.
At EMO, the top five finalist tools will be judged on the following criteria:
• Best surface finish in Ra (roughness average) value on the flute or gash surface
• The tool that is closest to the nominal tolerance as stated on the drawing in terms of diameter and profile (i.e. if the tolerance on diameter is +/- 0.010mm and the tool is measured to 0.005 then this will rank favorably)
• Tool that has been ground to the tightest tolerance as per the drawing (i.e. the tool with the lowest tolerance will rank favorably)
• Level of complexity (i.e. in terms of the number of steps, profiles will rank favorably)
ANCA CNC grinders are used for manufacturing precision cutting tools and components across a diverse range of competitive industries including cutting tool manufacture, automotive, aerospace, electronics and medical. ANCA has offices in the UK, Germany, China, Thailand, India, Japan, Brazil and the USA as well as a network of representatives and agents worldwide.