Ontario job shops serving the province's automotive sector can tap into the O-AMP program to help modernize their operations. PHOTO courtesty GM Cami
Applications opened today for the Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP), a partnership with small- and medium- sized automotive parts suppliers in Ontario aimed at helping to modernize the province’s automotive supply chain.
Through the O-AMP, businesses can receive up to $150,000 to help cover up to 50% of eligible project costs. Successful applicants are required to contribute at least 50% of remaining project costs through internal business resources and/or private or bank financing.
To be eligible for O-AMP, you must be a small- or medium- sized Ontario-based business in the automotive supply chain that can meet the following requirements:
- be a for-profit business (with a business number)
- have less than 500 employees in Ontario
- have less than $1 billion in global revenues
- have a minimum of two (2) consecutive years of financial statements (auditor or accountant reviewed).
- have at least 50% of the company’s total sales revenue from the auto supply sector
- must have a manufacturing location in Ontario by the time your project starts
O-AMP provides support to projects that fall under one or more of the following categories:
- process technology adoption – implementing advanced manufacturing hardware, software and/or training to improve processes and competitiveness e.g.07, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, production tracking systems and advanced hardware implementation.
- tools and technologies to support new product development – adoption of technologies to assist with the engineering and design of new products such as Computer-Aided Design & Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software, Design for Manufacturing (DFM) tools, rapid-prototyping tools or other tools to support the New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- lean manufacturing – improving operational efficiency and competitiveness by adopting lean manufacturing techniques and hiring the services of a mentor/consultant to help with lean implementation
Projects must also:
- be achievable – applicants need to have the necessary financing, project management structure and experience to implement the project
- align with O-AMP’s goals – job creation, revenue increases, cost savings, contributions to regional or automotive sector development
See the O-AMP program guide for details.
Before you apply, you may wish to contact the Automotive Parts Manufacturers’ Association at [email protected] for help to develop and strengthen your application.
You may also seek assistance from the Ministry’s Senior Business Advisors to develop and strengthen your application. Contact information can be found below:
Business Advisory Services – Southwestern Region Main Office
Business Advisory Services – Central Region Main Office
Business Advisory Services – Eastern Region Main Office