The CWB Group is hosting its tenth annual CanWeld Conference at the Halifax Convention Centre October 9-10, 2019.
This year’s event features a lineup of speakers from Eastern Canada’s aerospace, mining, agriculture, shipbuilding and submarine industries, plus oil and gas maintenance and repair.
“The annual Canweld conference is a unique opportunity for welding industry professionals to meet, interact, and learn from each other,” says Jim Galloway, professor at Conestoga College. “There is no other forum like this where our welding and fabricating industry leaders from end-users, suppliers, and academia can come together to celebrate our accomplishments and pave the path for future success.”
Mark Sansom, welding manager at Irving Shipbuilding, will deliver the keynote speech this year. Sansom is a leading welding engineer who applied his expertise to the construction of the Royal Canadian Navy’s Arctic and Offshore Patrol ships. Before joining Irving Shipbuilding, Sansom spent ten years working in the largest naval nuclear repair yard in Western Europe, where he held several roles related to non-destructive testing, welding engineering and quality control.
Other presentations include:
- Mahyar Asadi – director of monitoring and simulation at SKC Engineering
- Andrew Crawford – TQMS manager at Buffalo Inspection Services
- Joel Pepin – quality systems engineer and lead auditor at PCL Industrial Management Inc.
- Ken Mui – application engineer at Lincoln Electric
- Robert Shaw – president of Steel Structures Technology Centre Inc.
- Jeff Molyneaux – executive director/CEO at Majic