Simpler virtual welding system
- Published: May 20, 2012
Lincoln Electric has simplified and improved the VRTEX upgrade program for the VRTEX 360, a software-based weld training system that immerses the student in a virtual reality environment complete with sight, sound, and tactile sensations.
The program changes include a simplified naming strategy, an easier ordering and sales process and a broadened eligibility for choosing upgrade options.
Independent, or a la carte upgrade releases enable users to purchase VRTEX 360 upgrade features based on their specific needs. Each upgrade contains a bundle of features that the customer can review and evaluate prior to purchasing. Users have the option to purchase or skip the upgrade if it does not fit into their welding training program.
The VRTEX 360 Extensions upgrade program starts with the following offering
- THEORY Function - explains and defines elements within the virtual environment
- AWS E6013 Stick Electrode
- Process pipe manufacturing virtual welding environment
- AWS virtual bend test for multi-pass pipe and groove welds and a virtual bend test certificate upon successful completion
- Advanced scoring modules based on the American Welding Society D1.1 or ASME
- Motorsports garage virtual welding environment
- Instructor panning view function
The upgrade program is produced under the continued development partnership of Lincoln Electric and VRSim, software developer for training and graphic simulation for industry and academia. The VRTEX 360 is a software-based welding training system powered by the software expertise of the VRSim team and the welding innovation of the Lincoln Electric team.