Pinch/peel grinder with option for non-round punches and pins
- Published: August 21, 2017
Rollomatic's ShapeMart NP5 is a five axis pinch/peel grinder now available with a new grinding option for non-round punches and pins. It's offered with a new pantent pending production process, SmartPunch, for non-rund and complex tools.
The new punch option from the Rollomatic ShapeSmart NP5 will benefit the precision punch industry with its patent pending non-round method and includes full pinch/peel grinding which ensures extremely high tolerances, form accuracy, and the lowest TIR achievable. Oblong punches, form punches, squares out of center, corner radiuses, and any other shape can be produced with the SmartPunch method. The ShapeSmart NP5 is designed for cylindrical grinding of carbide, HSS and stainless steel components with an emphasis on highest achievable surface finish and concentricity.
Pinch/Peel grinding offers highest concentricity particularly on long and thin parts. The rough and finish grinding are performed in one pass (patented). This innovative way to grind in roughing and finishing simultaneously eliminates a separate process and reduces cycle time. The machine uses two different grinding wheels running on separate spindles and positioned on independently-controlled CNC linear slides.
- Positioning camera for grinding coolant slots in blanks with coolant through-holes with parts flipper
- Options for grinding extra-long parts, for a total grinding lengths of 16” and blank length of 19”
- Marposs in-process gauging system
- Form grinding of cutting tools blanks for the industrial, medical and dental market
- Production grinding of precision punches, including non-round
- Production grinding of die and mould components