New grinding steady rests designed for grinding applications
- Published: September 29, 2017
Kitagawa Northtech Inc. has recently introduced their new AS Series of Grinding Steady Rests. The AS Series completes their portfolio of Steady Rests designed and engineered for Grinding applications. The new AS Grind Steady Rests feature narrow retractable arms for easy automated part loading as well as many other capabilities for grinding applications.
The narrow retractable arms prevent interference with oil hole journals and provide easier vertical loading of the work piece. Available in standard gripping diameters from .39” (10 mm) to 5.59” (142 mm) range, the AS Series Steady Rests can accommodate eccentric throw with body modifications for crank lobe clearance.
Key features for the AS Series Grind Steadies from Kitagawa Northtech Include:
- Steady rest with retractable arms for easy overhead gantry/robot loading
- Suitable for all crank shaft, cam shaft and cylindrical grinding applications where vertical load is a requirement
- High accuracy, with three-point finely adjustable centering capability
- Modular regrindable Carbide or relappable PCD work rest pads
- Suitable for pass through grinding capabilities
- Provisions to accommodate attenuating In-Process-Gaging (IPG)
Earlier this year Kitagawa NorthTech launched their new Grinding Series with the KRGU and GHS. The retracting KRGU Grinding Steady Rests and GHS/VGHS Grinding Steady Rests designed for Camshafts/Crankshafts and other Cylindrical applications. The KRGU is designed for crank shaft grinding to accommodate the maximum eccentric throw and journal diameter of crank shafts. The GHS is suitable for all crank shaft, cam shaft and cylindrical grinding applications where vertical load is a requirement.
Ranging from .394” to 7.5” clamping, Kitagawa NorthTech also offers a complete family of selfcentering Steady Rests for most grinding applications with all the required standard and engineered mounting accessories. Models can be specified with hydraulic or pneumatic actuation. Automatic lubrication systems are also available to deliver consistent lubrication for maximizing roller and cam arm life. The company also offers an expansive family of Turning Steady Rests ranging from compact to vertical loading to heavy-duty models.