Modular design air cooled torch
- Published: May 9, 2018
The new Abirob Cyclone torch from Abicor features infinite 360 degree rotation and current transfer for high production operations.
The newest entry in Abicor’s Abirob air cooled torch series, the Cyclone achieves decreased program and cycle time for robot arms with endless clockwise or counterclockwise rotation on the axis-6.
Cyclone's patent protected thrust bearing technology and unmatched torch material selection mean the torch maintains its amperage while welding and rotating simultaneously. The smooth rotation of the wrist insulator means there is no catch on the cable, extending cable life further.
The robust modular design eases maintenance and troubleshooting, and a minimal number of tools is needed to upkeep the torch. And with a Tool Center Point match for Abicor’s existing Abirob through arm series on many models, endless rotation conversion can be undertaken with no robot re programming necessary.
• Robustly built air-cooled torch that rotates endlessly clockwise or counterclockwise
• Decreased program and cycle time for robot arm with endless rotation on axis-6
• Less torsion and movement on power cable for extremely long life
• Robust modular design for user-friendly service
• Based on the Abirob air-cooled series for exact TCP match and easy technology integration on many robot models