Flexible welding robots
- Published: February 11, 2017
Fanuc's new ARC Mate 100iD arc welding robot and the LR Mate 200iD/7L tabletop material handling robot are an effective welding system for multiple applications, including frame rail welding.
In operation using frame rail welding, the LR Mate 200iD/7L loads weld coupons to the work station for welding. The ARC Mate 100iD robot equipped with laser sam finders perform real time seam sensing before welding the parts. Welded parts are discarded and the cycle repeats.
ARC Mate 100iD robots
The new ARC Mate 100iD welding robot is the first model in the next generation of ARC Mate robots. Rated best-in-class for speed and accuracy, it offers higher productivity and precision compared to its predecessor due to its increased rigidity. With a best-in-class 12kg payload, it easily handles the latest servo welding torches plus additional sensors or peripherals, increasing flexibility and productivity.
It features what the company describes as a “sleek” and lightweight design equipped with internal cable routing and a curved J2 robot arm, minimizing interference with work pieces and fixtures and allowing more productivity in the work area. The new robot also features a longer reach and stroke-even in the backflip region–making it easier for customers to apply the robot while maximizing their available workspace–including larger parts or tooling.
Features and benefits:
- Large motion range increases system flexibility.
- Very rigid arm eliminates motion vibration, even at high speeds.
- Supports FANUC’s intelligent options, including: iRVision, Servo Positioners and iRTorchMate.
- Best-in-class payload, speed and accuracy.
- Smooth surface minimizes spatter collection, reducing maintenance.
- Fully integrated welding hose pack and cable management system simplifies and speeds up integration, and improves cable life which improves reliability.
- Large, hollow arm allows seamless integration of weld package dress outs, third-party utilities, and sensor cables.
- An improved wire feeder installation creates a smaller, compact welding cell.
LR Mate 200iD Robots
The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces. A very slim arm about the same size as a human arm, and a bottom cable exit option minimize interference with peripheral devices. The LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. The LR Mate 200iD robots are also available with ISO Class 4 clean-room and food-grade variants for food handling and healthcare packaging applications.
Features and benefits:
- Slim arm and compact foot print minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces.
- Available in three variations: standard, short, and long arm.
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle).
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
- Easy integration into machines.
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist.