Cordless and corded brushless grinders
- Published: January 15, 2018
DEWALT has introduced a total of 15 new cordless and corded brushless grinders.
The new cordless and corded grinders feature efficient, brushless motors which are durable, don’t require brush changes and the cordless versions offer long runtime.
- The new cordless grinders include the 20V MAX XR 4.5” angle grinder (DCG413R2), the 20V MAX XR 5” flathead grinder (DCG413FR2), and the 20V MAX XR 1-1/2” variable speed die grinder (DCG426M2). Corded grinders include the 5”/6” paddle switch small angle grinder (DWE43244N) and 5” brushless slide switch small angle grinder (DWE43231VS) as well as ten additional units ranging from 4.5” to 7” size options with a variety of switch options and variable speed available on some models.
- The new 20V MAX XR angle grinder features a brake, E-Clutch System, and Kickback Brake. The brake quickly brings the wheel to a stop in two seconds or less when the trigger is released. The E-Clutch System automatically shuts down the motor when a wheel pinch is detected. These two features working together to shut the tool down without user interaction are called the Kickback Brake. Additionally, the grinder features a One-Touch™ Guard, which allows for single-action adjustments to change guard position.
- The new 20V MAX XR variable speed die grinder features a three-speed selector switch, allowing users to choose 0-10,000 RPM, 0-17,500 RPM, and 0-25,000 RPM. Each speed selection starts with 0 as the unit also has a variable speed rocker switch that allows the user to control speed within those ranges based on the pressure applied to the selector. The unit has also been outfitted with a 3 LED light ring that helps to illuminate the work surface during use.
- Corded units such as the 5”/6” paddle switch small angle grinder and 5” brushless slide switch small angle grinder include many of the same features as the 20V MAX XR angle grinder. These include the brake, the E-Clutch System, Kickback Brake, and One-Touch Guard. The 5”/6” paddle switch small angle grinder also features the Lanyard Ready integrated lanyard connection point. At only 6 lbs. and 13.6" long, the 5”/6” paddle switch small angle grinder achieves up to 13 Amps and 1800 MWO. With a convenient paddle switch, this grinder is ideal for metalworking applications. At only 5.3 lbs. and 13.4" long, the 5” slide switch small angle grinder also achieves up to 13 Amps and 1800 MWO. With a variable speed slide switch, this grinder is ideal for stone and granite applications.