BIG Kaiser expands collet chuck offering
- Published: August 21, 2017
BIG Kaiser has expanded its Mega ER Grip collet chuck offering with more options, including BBT30, BBT40 and BBT50 tapers.
Available in standard configurations, ER11, ER16, ER20, ER25 and ER32, they optimize tool projection and rigidity.
Four clamping nut options are available:
1. Mega ER nut incorporates a ball bearing raceway and cylindrical outside diameter for the best performance, speed and accuracy. It is ideal for solid carbide drills and reamers.
2. Mega ER solid nut has a surface treatment for friction reduction. It has a cylindrical outside diameter, but does not have a ball bearing raceway and has a special friction coating to help collet clamping.
3. Standard ER nut has no coolant delivery system, no bearing nut and has surface treatment for friction reduction.
4. Mega ER Perfect Seal system allows users to optimize coolant flow and can seal high- pressure coolant up to 7Mpa.
Aside from the Standard ER nut, the three other options require the MEGA wrench to clamp or unclamp the tool. A standard hook spanner wrench can be used on the Standard ER nut for clamping or unclamping, which works perfectly for economical uses.
All components of the Mega ER Grip system are manufactured with BIG Daishowa’s high-precision production technology. BIG KAISER’s Mega ER collets are made in accordance with DIN6499 and ISO15488 standards and feature the best runout accuracy in the world, hitting a guaranteed .00012 in. (3 microns) at 5 xD. Additionally, by using the Mega ER Perfect Seal, coolant can be securely delivered through-tool or directed to the cutter periphery.