Okuma's summer showcase event
- Published: August 21, 2017
Okuma held its 2017 Summer Showcase event July 19-20 at its North American headquarters in Charlotte, NC. More than 200 customers from 100 companies attended the event. Okuma created a video to highlight the event.
Participants viewed cutting demonstrations on more than 15 machine tools and were educated on breakthrough technologies that can give them a competitive edge. Demonstrations featured exotic material cutting on titanium as well as stainless steel and aluminum and were focused on the automotive industry.
Summer Showcase Highlights:
- Okuma’s New Laser Technology: The LASER EX series features state-of-the-art laser technology combining subtractive and additive manufacturing, coating and precision hardening on multitasking machines.
- Get Connected: Okuma has made the process of connecting machine tools easy for customers through use of the OSP control, IIoT and MTConnect. Data collection and analysis enables customers to improve profitability.
- Sandvik Coromant Prime Turning™: PrimeTurning™ is a new methodology which enables turning in all directions as opposed to conventional turning. This allows for more flexibility, productivity and efficiency when cutting chips, and can reduce cycle time up to 50 percent.
- Trochoidal Milling: Trochoidal milling and other alternative tool paths allow for higher feeds and speeds, fitting perfectly into the framework of cost-driven, machining planning.